Thursday 31 July 2014

The British Tag


I saw this post on the The Luscious Lane Blog and I have also seen it on You Tube and just thought it was nice first tag video for me to do. I'm from Scotland and although I am so proud of being Scottish I also totally love being British and relate to a lot of things that's are typically British. I hope you enjoy this post it is something a little bit different for me so lets crack on!

1. How many cups of tea do you have a day? + How many sugars?
I generally have maybe one cup a day in the evening with one sweetner and a dash of milk. I am generally a coffee drinking girl but I do love of a cup of tea when I am feeling ill.

2. Favourite part of your roast?
I love cranberry sauce strangely enough. My best friend Rachel and I are OBSESSED and it literally makes or breaks a roast for me. I know I am so strange!

3. Favourite dunking biscuit?
I love those caramel chocolate digestives. They are so moreish and just fab with a cup of tea or coffee. 

4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
Not all that sure what counts as a pastime, but I love walks down a cold British beach. Walking on a not so pretty cold and windy beach has got to be a quintessentially British thing to do. I live in Edinburgh right beside Portobello beach and have spent a lot of time at the not so gorgeous but still wonderful beach we have. 

5. Favourite word?
I'm Scottish so we have a lot of our own lingo going on. So my favourite Scottish word is weirdly 'Clarty' which describes something or somebody that is a bit grubby and messy. I just love that word for some strange reason. My favourite British word I think is 'Parched'  which is a very posh word for being incredibly thirsty and I always use it in a funny way when I am dying on a drink.

6. Cockney rhyme slang?
Even though my dad is very much Scottish he used rhyming slang all the time while I was growing up so I know quite a lot of phrases. My faves have to be Jack Jones meaning being on your own and A la Mode for code. 

7. Favourite sweet/ chocolate
I have to say I love malteasers and at Christmas time I love all the tins of sweets you get like Quality Street and Celebrations. Nothing better than curling up on the couch with a big tin and a great film.

8. What would your pub be called?
This is so hard because you have got to have a good name don't you! Maybe something beach related because I would love to have a pub at the shore. So maybe The Beach House or something like that. 

9. No.1 British person
I LOVE the Beckham's so much I can't help it they are just so fab. I also have a huge soft spot for Prince Harry, he is so cheeky and he also the hot royal isn't he!

10. Favourite shop / restaurant
I know this is so predictable but for a shop it has to be Topshop doesn't it! I also love Harvey Nicholls not for clothes obviously but their beauty floor is amazing! Restaurant wise I love Slug and Lettuce as well as Gourmet Burger Kitchen. I also love the amazing local pubs that do Sunday lunch in Edinburgh they are amazing and so quintessentially British.

11. What British song pops into your head? 
The first song that pops into my head is Wannabe by The legendary Spice Girls. Growing up I always listened to All Saints, The Beatles, Oasis and Take That. We are so lucky to have such amazing music home grown in Britain.

12. Marmite.
I'm kind of in the middle I like it but don't love it.

This tag post has been so fun to write up I am so tempted to make up a Scottish version of this tag :)



2 comments:

  1. I didn't realise you were from Edinburgh! Hi neighbour :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww great to have another beauty blogger from Edinburgh!! :D xxx

      Delete