Wednesday 6 August 2014

Monthly Favourites #4 | July 2014



Charles Worthington Volume Bounce Texturising Spray - I love a a big bouncy blow dry but sometimes when I am not in the salon I find it hard to get the texture and volume into the roots of my hair. I have been swearing by this texturising spray for the last few months and haven't found anything thats even close in quality and price. With just a quick spritz through the roots and ends it gives you volume, texture and also nice hold to your hair. It doesn't make your hair feel crispy or sticky at all and it actually has a really nice smell to it as well. It only costs £6.99 and I actually think it is in offer just now for around £4.99, such a great product for the price. A holy grail hair product for me at the minute. 

Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint & Precision Shaping Pencil in Brownie Points - I have recently dyed my hair from platinum blonde to a gorgeous rich copper, and part of this transition I had to darken up my brows. I had a look in Boots for some new products to try out and stumbled across the Soap & Glory brow pencil and tint. From the very first time I used this product I feel deeply, deeply in love. It is a double ended pencil with a waxy crayon on one side to shade in the brow, then a felt tip on the other side to create little feathery hairs for a natural look to your brow. I just think this combination works incredibly well and it gives me the most gorgeous, full and natural looking brows. 

Stila Convertible Colour in Iilium - Stila is a brand I haven't used all that often and this month I picked up a few Boots to try out. I loved everything I picked up but I have found that the convertible colour is what I have been drawn to the most this month. I got the shade Iilium and it is a gorgeous mauvey pink colour which gives a gorgeous creamy sheen to your cheeks. I also love to put a little on my lips with some clear gloss on top for a gorgeous day look. The cream formula is gorgeous and melts into your skin like a rich moisturiser and stays creamy so creates a gorgeous dewy glow on your cheek bones. Perfect product for the Summer months. 

Simple Kind to Eyes Soothing Eye Balm - Eye cream is something I find hard to judge as the results aren't immediate so you never know if you have found a long term winner. Simple is a great, affordable and kind to skin brand which I have always really liked. I picked up this eye cream at the beginning of the month and have found myself using it more often than note and really enjoying it. It meals into the skin and makes my under eye area feel soft and smooth. I also find after using it I don't have any dry patches under my eyes and my dark circles appear less prominent. A great budget skin care buy. 

Iphone 5s in Gold - I am one of the clumsiest people ever and my poor Iphone 5 after a year and a half had definitely seen better days. I decided it was time to upgrade a little early and pick up a sparkly new Iphone. I do realise I have probably just missed out on the Iphone 6 but to be honest I was just dying to upgrade right now and really did not want to wait. The colour is gorgeous and just looks so sleek and chic, I really don't want to get a cover for it. I love the new features too like the thumb print recognition, its great for security and a cool feature to show off. I love apple products and I just know I will be a customer for years.  

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely swear by the simple eye balm! I use it every night before I go to bed, definitely reduces my dark circles :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete