Monday 7 July 2014

L'Oreal Color Riche Mono Eyeshadow Review



I took a slightly naughty and very impromptu wander into Boots after work a couple of days ago to pick up Shampoo and that alone, but ladies (and gents) we all know that for a beauty blogger its impossible not to take a glance at the make-up aisles. While I was innocently walking past the L'Oreal counter I noticed the 3 for 2 offer and decided that I couldn't resist and there was an orange liquid lipstick I had my eye on. Unfortunately the lipstick was out of stock but fortunately I was distracted by these beautiful individual eye shadows.

Everything about the shadows are gorgeous, the packaging is sleek and in typical L'Oreal fashion mirrored which I think gives an expensive and clean look to the product. The colour and formula range was fantastic too, they had three different varieties in Lumiere, Matte and Nude. The Lumiere variety caught my eye straight away with gorgeous embossed detail that gives the shadow that extra wow factor. I also loved the very shimmery nude shade too as I am always look for dupes for the rather pricey Mac individual shadows.

The first colour I picked up was the beautiful golden embossed Lumiere 500 in Gold Mania, it is a beautiful and extremely pigmented bright, orange tinged gold. It is the sort of eye shadow that you can apply lightly during the day for a soft shimmer and then for a dramatic evening look, you can build it up and smoke it out with eye liner. 

Then I picked up the very shimmery Nude 204 in Golden Nude which kind of reminded me of a less pink naked lunch in formula. I have been wearing this colour a lot through day underneath a winged liner and I just think it such a pretty and fresh look. The glitter in this is quite chunky, but I personally like that in a shimmer shadow. 

Finally I was drawn to another of the embossed Lumiere shadows in 502 Quartz Fume. I think this colour is so similar to the Mac colour Satin Taupe which is a firm favourite of mine, so it was so exciting to find such a beautiful dupe.


No comments:

Post a Comment