Friday 13 September 2013

Photo Project #1

Look 1 / Skate Boys




My good friend Chelsea and I recently decided to get our creative juices flowing and plan, prep and shoot our own photo project. Chelsea would be the model, I would direct, photograph, do make-up and we decided to be co-producers and stylists. We got together about a week ago to brain storm locations, source clothes and generally share inspiration and ideas. We then met up on Wednesday and had a styling and wardrobe session, putting together potential looks and generally playing dress up and pretending we were at fashion week. We also that evening finalised our location, deciding on using a local skate park as it went hand in hand with the urban look of the outfit we had put together. 




We decided to go quite simple with the make-up. I applied a nice matte foundation, I did a thick cat eye with gel liner, bronzer and highlighter for colour and a nice healthy glow then a slick of nude lipgloss. An almost identical look to my Pixie Lott Simple Make-up Look I actually used the same products. Chelsea's hair is in an ombre style, she just did a lived in bed head look as the hair was being mostly covered by a beenie anyway.



The location couldn't have been more perfect and we managed to get some stunning photos of Chelsea. The day started off a bit shaky as we were both running late, the weather was horrible and when we arrived at the skate park there was a few boy practising who we didn't want to disturb. Luckily for us the boys were more than happy to cooperate with us and even lent us a prop (I wonder if you can guess what haha) and also made a special appearance showing off some very impressive BMX skills. Thanks so much Nick you made this shoot for us and you look amazing on your bike! I am going to share with you guys the best of the group bellow! I hope you enjoy these photos and let me know what you all think in the comments bellow.






















Special thanks to my stunning model Chelsea, team effort across the board. Chelsea is an amazing singer and has a YouTube channel that I will link here and she also has twitter which I will link here be sure to check her covers out!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos and a nice creative idea, I love friend photoshoots :)

    Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog, definitely following you back!

    Alexandra
    xx

    ReplyDelete