Friday 27 September 2013

Low Key Autumn Smokey Eye | My Makeup Look Today #2


It is the beginning of Autumn and I have just done a rearrange of my everyday make-up. I have packed away all my pastel nail polishes and bright coloured lipstick and blushes and brought out my dark mauves and maroons to match my Autumn wardrobe. Today I was going to work and then had a meeting in town, so I didn't want to go to heavy with my make-up but I still wanted to look like I had made an effort. 

I decided to go with my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation as a base, because it is really hydrating and illuminating which is great for my dry skin. I then applied my beloved Vichy Derma blend as a concealer as I have had a few blemishes recently. I filled in my brows with my usual Mac Charcoal Brown eye shadow and applied some brow gel too. 

I applied some Mac Painterly as an eyelid base for my eye shadow to stick to then used a mix of the lovely bronze shades in my ELF palette across the lid with a darker colour in the crease. I very thinly lined my upper lash line with Maybelline Gel Liner, and added lashings of YSL Shocking Mascara. 

I added some ELF bronzer to my cheeks and anywhere the sun hit to warm up my complexion and also added a little Mac Soft & Gentle highlighter to my cheeky bones, brown bone and cupids bow. To top the look off I used Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Honey.

I have added a few photos of the finished look bellow, I really like this look its quick and easy but it does look life you have made a real effort. I also think you could easily add a bit more gel liner and smoke the shadow underneath your eye to amp it for an evening look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment