Friday 13 September 2013

Simple Hollywood Glamour Makeup Look



For me one of the most beautiful and classic makeup looks to wear in the evening, is an old Hollywood Glamorous simple eye and bold red lip. It's just the right amount of simplicty and drama to perfectly compliment your favorite little black dress. It also translates really well from day to night because you can wear the eye during the day then simple apply the red lip before stepping out in the evening.

To achieve this look I used my Makeup Forever HD Foundation to help me achieve that flawskin look, along with my Vichy Dermablend which I use as a concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes and redness. I used the Bourjois Bronzing Primer to contour my cheekbones and add some general definition to my face. I highlighted my cheekbones, down my nose and on my cupids bow with Mac Soft and Gentle which I think is the most gorgeous addition to any look.

I then concentrated on my brows combing them in to shape and then using an angled brush and Mac Eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown which I have accidentally left out of my product picture. I also just combed through the brows again just to blend in the colour and make sure it didn't look too harsh.

I then took a Mac Paint Pot in Painterly and applied it all my eye socket to neutralize any discoloration and even out and prime the surface for eyeliner.I find this step very important as it ensures the liner stays put all day. I then took Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Pencil in Nude and applied it to my lower water line to get rid of any redness and brighten up my eyes. Gel Liner is one of those things you either love or hate and in my case I think its wonderful. I applied Maybeline Gel Liner in Black to my upper lash line creating a cat eye effect. To top off the eye look I applied lashings of Maybeline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara in Black to my top and bottom lashes. I also used a little bit of a champagne colour from my elf palette in the inner corners and on the brow bone.

The most important part of this look is obviously the gorgeous red lip. I scoured my red lipstick collection for the perfect shade and ended up settling on Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in 204 Rouge Scandal. Its a beautiful matte finish and stays put the entire night. The colour is just the most gorgeous blood red which compliments any skin tone.




6 comments:

  1. the lip is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is beautiful your skin looks flawless!
    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award as I love your blog!
    http://talkingtransplants.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-liebster-award.html
    Kate xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks very much, & Thats so cool, I will definitely go check that out! x

      Delete
  3. Love this look I do love a bit of old school glam! Great post. Mac products are fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look on you! I've been wanting to purchase the Vichy derma blend but wanted to see how it performed first as there doesn't seem to be many reviews...I love the lipstick I'm on the hunt for a true red lipstick (and a few berry shades now Autumns coming!) :)

    Nice blog by the way looking forward to more posts - new follower :)

    Rinica

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete