Monday 30 June 2014

Haul #1 | Smashbox


I have been looking out for a new eye-shadow palette for a little while now, and when I was wandering around Boots on pay day last week I found myself stopping to look around the Smashbox counter. There didn't seem to be a sales assistant around who worked directly for Smashbox so I was left alone to swatch colours and take a good look at their gorgeous cosmetics. I had heard a lot about the Full Exposure palette and I was very curious so I took a look and swatch the colours from the tester palette. I loved how the colours were lovely and neutral as well as half being shimmer formula and have matte. I decided to take the plunge and purchased the beautiful palette along with a gel formula black pencil liner. I immediately instagrammed the purchase and sent a picture to my best friend who was thrilled at the purchase too. I was doing make-up for a photo shoot on the following Sunday and decided to leave the palette along until then and try it out on myself as well as others to give it a true test out. 

At the shoot I used this palette a tone, the colours are gorgeous and pigmented as well as being very easy to blend. Everyone was in love with the gorgeous shades I used to do smoky eyes on the models, and wanted to know which products I had used. The only problem I had was with the large amount of fall out there is in the shadows, especially with the glitter shades. I ended up spending a lot of time cleaning up under the models eyes after applying the make-up on the eyes. 

All in all I was super impressed with the palette and I have only used the liner once but so far so good. I am sure I will have a review up on that as soon as I have played with it a bit more. If you are looking for a gorgeous neutral palette at a good price then this is the one for you. It great for day looks with the pale shimmer and matte shades, but is fantastic for evening smoky eyes with the super glittery shades. The palette is available from larger Boots stores for £36.00 and you can also purchase it online which I will link bellow. 
I would love to know what you all think of this palette and the liner and mascara I haven't had a chance to try out yet. 




3 comments:

  1. Ohh wow that pallette looks beautiful! Great neutral shades :)

    Alice x

    http://alicepalacee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours look really great, now I'm craving such a silver eye shadow like on the top right of the palette ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah! i love all their products x
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete