Wednesday 25 June 2014

My Favourite Summer Lip Colour | Sheer Shades



In the Summer months I like to add a pop of colour to my make-up look and go for bright pinks and corals on my lips. I decided to put together a mix of my favourite sheerer lip products for those of us who want a gorgeous bright lip but aren't the bravest. 

Firstly I have Bourjois Colour Boost Lipstick in Fuchsia Libre which is a sheer, glossy but still lovely and pigmented hot pink. It comes as a crayon applicator and is super easy to use on the go. I love this product for a quick and no fuss burst of colour to a simple, low profile make-up look. 

Then I have Loreal LExtraordinaire Liquid Lipstick by Color Riche in Rose Symphony. It is a gorgeous so glossy it looks plastic liquid lipstick that comes in lip gloss packaging. This colour is glossy and can transfer a bit, but the colour underneath creates a gorgeous stain on the lip that lasts long after the gloss has disappeared. A gorgeous every day shade to brighten up any look.  



A higher end version of the Loreal liquid lipstick is the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain

in 15 Pink Lollipop. I love this colour with a plain outfit in Summer evenings. I pair this with a little black dress and a coat of mascara and its a gorgeous look for the warmer months. The colour will also last on your lips all day and night giving a beautiful glossy finish, worth the extra money for pigment and staying power alone.

My first lipstick of the group is Maybelline ColorSensation Lipstick in Coral Crush, I am obsessed with this shade and as you can see I have used it to death. The colour is pigmented and bold but not too in your face. It is probably one to wear on a braver day but I think its sheer enough to wear day to day. It has great staying power and even if you just add one coat and blot it out it adds a gorgeous pinky peach stain to your lips. 

Finally I have Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy Apple, this is queen of sheer but still bright red. If you are a red lip virgin then this is the product for you, it is glossy, sheer but has aplenty of pigment to give you that dash of red you are after. The products staying power is also pretty great and it is nice and moisturising on your lips. A great transition lip product for a day to evening look. 






No comments:

Post a Comment