Tuesday 9 September 2014

Autumn Beauty Staples


When the colder months hit I always find myself shopping my stash and digging out some of my old favorites for Autumn/Winter, so I thought I would gather some of my most used products and share with you all. 

As far as base goes I do tend to use a higher coverage foundation in the colder months, but also I find myself digging out a good quality powder too. I absolutely love the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre natural finish loose powder, although it is pricey I find it sets my make-up beautifully and doesn't make my skin feel tight or dry. In the winter I like to set my face in order to keep my make-up in place so I don't have to reapply all the time. 

The Maybelline Color Tattoo's are a staple to me in all Seasons but in Autumn I love to use the matte taupe shade in Permanent Taupe. It's great to use as a primer for under eye shadow and to make brighter colours pop against the eye two. Mostly though, I like to use it as a quick all over colour on days where I have little or no time to do make-up. It is a must buy for any beauty loving girl who is constantly in a rush in the Winter months.

Another eye shadow I love to use for more special occasions is Beauty Marked by Mac. It is a gorgeous purple/brown shimmer shade that looks a little different on everyone. Every single time I wear this colour I receive lots of compliments and it is such a great and beautiful statement eye look with a simple little black dress. 

Staying with Mac, day or night during the colder months I will be wearing the lipstick shade Rebel. It is a gorgeous warm purple colour and it is great for a pop of colour especially in the colder months. I wore it non stop last yer and I know I will be just the same this Autumn.

The second lip colour in the Rimmel Apocalips in 304 Eclipse. It is a gorgeous liquid lipstick, stain type product which has amazing colour pay off and lasting power. I love this shade if I am just wearing a touch of mascara and bronzer because it can just amp up a really simple look in seconds. It is so easy to apply and lasts all day no problem. 

Finally I have my number one cold month beauty must have, hand cream! The cream I have been using recently is a Body Shop offering in a stunning shea butter scent. I just love how this cream feels on my hands, it sinks in quickly and quickly relieves my often very dry skin. I love the small, clean and compact packaging too its so easy to throw in your handbag.

Let me know what beauty products you shop your stash for in the colder months, and if you find yourself doing a make-up bag revamp for the new Seasons.



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love all these purple colours! x

    tmzn loves x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour of that eye shadow is so gorgeous, really makes me think of Autumn!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that MAC eyeshadow! And Rebel is one of my Autumn favourites as well x

    allthingsaleena.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete