Wednesday 10 September 2014

It is the little things that really make my day




So today guys I have a lovely little story to share concerning how I came about this amazing, recycled,  homemade wallet that is pictured above. It is so true that even on the worst day the kindness of strangers can turn that all around. 

Last Monday I was having a truly awful day, I was tired, hormonal and over worked from a busy Summer in Edinburgh airport. A customer had been in the previous week and I had complimented her on what I thought was an amazing DIY wallet. The lovely girl explained to me that her boyfriend made them just as a hobby for friends and family. I couldn't believe he wasn't selling them because I thought they were so cute and environmentally friendly. I told the lovely girl that he should get them on Etsy because I would pay good money for one of those and I think that it would be such a lovely customized gift. 

The very next week the same girl came back in and made my day. She told me that she had told her boyfriend what I had said about his wallets and he was so flattered that he had made one especially for me. Que me nearly crying because I was an emotional wreck, coffees on me for the lovely customer and promises of the wallet being brought in the following Monday. 

Sure enough the next week while I was off unfortunately, the lovely customer (I keep referring to her like this because I didn't get her name unfortunately) brought in my little wallet. I love it so much, I love that it is made from a porridge box. I love that it is hand made and cost almost nothing to make and although it might not last forever it was made especially for me and that is so special. 

At the moment I am using it for change in my hand bag and whenever I show anybody or tell anybody my wallets story they are as delighted as I was. I now just need to convince the lovely customer to start selling them and I guess I should really find out her name too. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww that's so sweet, I love the recycled idea of it :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I was completely thrilled!
    Thanks for reading xx

    ReplyDelete