Monday 25 November 2013

Monthly Favourites #3

Late October


This month has been a nightmare when it has come to blogging. Between having no internet and the busy work schedule I have had zero time for anything. I also misplaced my camera for nearly a week with all my blog pictures on it, not my best month. So this was supposed to be October favourites but it is very late so lets just call it my current favourites. This month I have bought some of my fave products of the year and will be sharing loads of newbies and one flawless oldie.


Rimmel Mositure Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink - This lipstick is my go to colour for any occasion. It is a gorgeous pinky/purply nude shade its an almost mauve shade. It isn't quite a nude and is great if you are looking to jazz up a day look. I also use it all the time with a dramatic smokey eye for nights out, its the perfect finishing touch. The formula is almost buttery and glides on the lips seamlessly, it has pretty decent lasting power and has lovely colour pay off. The formula is really moisturising and doesn't dry out the lips at all, my fave lip colour for Autumn/Winter.

Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Blond - I love a bold brow at the moment and I am blessed with fairly full eyebrows that just need a bit of filling in at the front. I have been loving this coloured gel for adding a little extra colour and volume as well as locking my brows into place all day. I like this product as the wand is a great shape for combing through the brows and it also doesn't leave the hairs feeling all crispy. I know I will be using this product for a long time.

Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light - I have heard amazing things about Sleek over the last few years but have never managed to pick anything up. I am more of a Boots than a Superdrug kinda girls and as Sleek is exclusive to Superdrug I haven't had the opportunity to try it out. I recently found myself with time to burn and decided to visit the large Superdrug we have in town, I was immediately drawn to the Sleek counter with all its palettes and bright colours. I love this little kit it includes a bronzer, blush and highlighter, all of the three products are very pigmented and glide on the cheek beautifully. It is also has a little mirror which is great for touch ups on the go.

Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturiser - I am the laziest when it comes to body moisturising, especially on cold winter mornings when you just want to dive straight from shower into your clothes.  I have been coveting this product for a while but couldn't see it in stores, when I finally did I grabbed it straight away. I picked up the cocoa scent which smells divine and is great for my dry skin. It literally takes one spray over your body which you don't even have to rub it in. So quick and easy and I will 100% be repurchasing as soon as I run out.

Silver Casio Watch from The Watch Hut* - I have quite a few different watches that I wear but I have been searching for a while for a more casual model I could wear on an everyday basis. This Casio offering is perfect, its compact and light weight and very on trend with the 90s fashion revival. I find myself reaching for it everyday and have had lots of compliments on it. Its also quite inexpensive and I think it is the sort of style that is pretty timeless too. Check out The Watch Hut for this model and lots more.

2 comments:

  1. Yay another Edinburgh beauty blogger :D
    There doesn't seem to be that many of us based in Edinburgh when you compare to cities such as Glasgow or London but anyway! Great blog and I really want the Sleek contour kit, I've heard so many good reviews.

    http://confessionsofafactorygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you sweetheart, I hope you're well!
    x
    MJ

    ReplyDelete