Wednesday 23 October 2013

The Business of Brows


Brows are such an important step to your beauty routine and let's face it the right brow shape can transform an entire look and face. People like Cara Delevigne, Lily Collins, Brooke Shields and Audrey Hepburn have us all running to get our brows threaded and buying a million products to try and recreate the beautiful full arches we haven't been blessed with ourselves. Now I understand that eyebrow maintenance and upkeep is quite a personal thing, but I decided I would share with you what I do to keep mine in check. 

My brows are unfortunately not very full, bushy in all the wrong places and a bit of an odd colour. I am a naturally fair haired person who was blonde until about the age of fifteen when highlights became a necessity. I have very ashy almost grey coloured eyebrows that don't match my blonde hair colour in the slightest so I do like to slightly edit the colour. Although I am blonde I like to darken my brows a bit, because I love the blonde hair and bold brow look. I use Mac's eye shadow in charcoal brown to lightly go over my brows and add a darker and warmer shade to my brows. I then take a little brow brush and blend in the colour so it doesn't look to harsh. 

I have fairly full brows at the ends and through the middle, but right at the top I have very few but very long hairs that poke up and become extremely unruly at times. To target this I usually take little nail scissors and trim down the longer hairs to a better length. I also take my Laura Mercier brow pencil in blonde and fill in my brows lightly at the front and anywhere else they need it. I like the pencil because it is a great shade and also nice and hard so it lasts really well. 

To finish off I always brush through my brows to make sure everything is nice and blended, then I take a clear brow gel and fix everything into place. I also wanted to mention that all my brow maintenance such a plucking, waxing etc I do myself. The reason is simply because I don't trust anybody else and I just like to do it myself so any mistake are my own doing. I have learnt my lesson with threading and things and have had some not great experiences with brow bars. So personally I would rather just pluck my brows myself and fill them in everyday.

Quick Review

Mac Charcoal Brown Eye Shadow - I love this product so much it is a great colour for filling in brows if you are fair to medium in hair colour. It has really great lasting power and I have never experienced any ridiculous fall out when applying. It is also good value for money as it is only around £10-£15, and I have had this product for nearly a year and I haven't even hit pan yet using this everyday. A little goes a very very long 
way!

Laura Mercier Brow Pencil in Blonde - This is a newer product to me but I am really liking it a lot. The colour is great for anybody that is a bit fairer in hair colour. It isn't waxy in texture in the slightest so your brows don't end up having that very drawn in look. It has fantastic staying power and sometimes I use this alone on days when I am rushing and it lasts all day easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment