Saturday 5 January 2013

Resolutions

I have a thousand resolutions for 2013 but the one I should actually follow through with is to try and maturely organise my Hogmany celebrations at least a day before 31st of December. This is in order to avoid over the top stress and sitting about on the 30th of December anxiously imagining yourself sitting in your room on your own eating selection boxes and watching catch up TV at the bells, rather than getting rat arsed with your stupid friends.

I am pretty meticulous with organising other social events where everyone gets very drunk so I really don't know why i cant just organise this like a normal person. I stress about it as early as August then toss it to the back of my mind and then hope for the best. I just end up hoping somebody else will organise it for me, but my group of friends are just as bad as me. Actually you know what... they are worse.

And you know what else, New Year isn't something you can acceptably opt out of. Most years I like to opt out of Halloween because I am not the sort of person who can pull of some amazing creative costume. I just end up looking either boring in something safe or if I try and be 'out of the box' I look as if I've escaped from the local asylum. New Year is much like Christmas you have to take part in some kind of way as it is like the start of a new bloody year and everyone knows that means you can cancel out all the hellish embarrassing things you did the previous year. You are able to start brand new like a fantastic,  much better reinvention of the person you where the year before. Although this never seems to work out very well does it?

Maybe if I started as I meant to go on and organise New Year 2014 now I wont rediscover this problem  next year. Definitely worth a thought. As for Resolutions I have about 50, the usual. Lose weight, Stop spending money on rubbish, Get fit/Go to the gym, Stop drinking so much, Be organised etc etc etc These have been my resolutions for the last maybe 5 years, maybe I'll be able to make up some new ones for next year. There is nothing wrong with wishful thinking if you ask me.

So here's to 2013 and hoping it will the best year so far!! I have a good feeling about this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment